Sony Zeiss Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA E-Mount Full Frame Lens
Condition Note: In like new condition without any mold or scratches. It comes with the Sony carry pouch without a box.
With its normal perspective, fast maximum aperture, and high-end design, the Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens from Sony is easy to see as a go-to standard optic for full-frame E-mount shooters. The 50mm focal length excels as an all-around field of view, suitable for portraiture, landscapes, and more, and the bright design offers a creative depth of field control and low-light performance.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One AA Element & One Aspherical Element
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Ring Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust- & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
ZEISS Optical Design
- Based on the ZEISS Planar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in 9 groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and one aspherical element are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
Autofocus and Handling
- Ring drive super sonic wave motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over focus modes.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.