Sony AX33 4K Handycam® with Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
Exmor R CMOS sensor
This cutting-edge sensor enhances image clarity, reduces noise in dark environments, and enables soft background defocusing.
Wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens
This 29.8mm wide-angle ZEISS lens providing 10x optical zoom is not only ideal for capturing grand landscapes, among a range of other scenes — it is fine-tuned specifically for 4K.
BIONZ X image processor
The advanced BIONZ X image processing engine helps achieve more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality as well as faster processing capabilities.
- 4K image quality: Shoot 4K footage that contains about four times more detail than Full HD (3840 x 2160 pixels vs. 1920 x 1080) footage, and capture more of the incredible qualities that bring images to vibrant life.
- Extra-light, extra-compact body The FDR-AX33 is over 30% smaller and over 20% lighter than current model the FDR-AX100, making it the most mobile 4K camcorder on the market.
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Our advanced image stabilization enables blur-free footage, even when the recording circumstances are shaky or bumpy.
- Trimming Playback You can select a specific portion of the picture and play it back in Full HD, thanks to 4K high resolution. Also, you can change trimming size2 with the zoom lever or on-screen display icon.
- Advanced shooting featuresEnjoy total customization with ergonomic manual controls. Use the intuitive multi-purpose manual ring to adjust zoom, focus, exposure, IRIS, shutter speed, AE shift, or white balance shift mode after using the manual button to select the mode. The electronic viewfinder offers accurate image preview.
- Super-sampled Full HD playback: Enhance your viewing experience even without a 4K television. Using super-sampling, the FDR-AX33 automatically down-converts 4K footage to exceptionally detailed Full HD.