Pentax K10D 10.2MP DSLR Camera with Shake Reduction and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- 10.2-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 18 x 24-inch prints
- 2.5-inch LCD display; kit includes 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens
- In-camera Shake Reduction (SR) and Dust Reduction (DR) systems; dust-proof, weather-resistant body
- Continuous shooting at approximately three images per second
- Stores images on SD or SDHC memory cards; powered by lithium-ion battey D-LI50 (battery and charger included
The Pentax K10D digital SLR camera features 10.2 effective megapixels and a host of advanced technologies including a Pentax-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system and a weather-resistant body. Designed to deliver high-quality digital images and responsive operation for advanced photo enthusiasts, the K10D features an array of Pentax innovations in image capture and camera functionality.
The most significant features in the K10D include:
- A Pentax-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system that effectively offers a 2.5 to 4 stop advantage for sharp, blur-free images even under difficult shooting conditions, such as macro and telephoto photography or low light settings without a flash.
- A newly-developed Pentax Real IMage Engine (PRIME) designed exclusively for Pentax digital SLR cameras to produce well-balanced, true-to-life images. In order to meet the performance requirement in handling 10-megapixel data, Pentax also incorporated a new high-performance 22 bit A/D converter to quickly transfer images with accurate color tones and richer gradation from the CCD to the imaging engine.
- A new Dust Removal (DR) system incorporating Pentax-original Special Protect (SP) coating to help keep the CCD surface dust-free, and a shift mechanism to shake dust off the CCD.
- A dependable dust-proof, weather-resistant body construction featuring 72 seals throughout the camera to allow photographers to continue shooting even in dusty or rainy environments.
High-quality image reproduction
The K10D features a large, high-performance 23.5mm x 15.7mm CCD with 10.2 effective megapixels as its image sensor, assuring the reproduction of true-to-life, rich-gradation images.
Pentax-original Shake Reduction mechanism for blur-free images
The K10D is equipped with the exclusive, Pentax-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system, which effectively reduces camera shake for sharp, blur-free images even under demanding shooting conditions, such as when using a telephoto lens, shooting in the dark or at night without supplementary flash illumination, or using extended exposures for sunset scenes. The SR mechanism is designed to minimize camera shake by oscillating the CCD image sensor vertically and horizontally at high speed using magnetic force, while adjusting the speed of oscillation in proportion to the amount of camera shake detected by built-in sensors. As a result, the system does not require special anti-shake lenses and can be used with more than 24 million Pentax lenses produced since 1964. (Lenses compatible with this mechanism are the Pentax K-, KA-, KAF-, and KAF2-mount lenses; screw-mount lenses [with an adapter]; and 645- are 67-system lenses [with an adapter]. Some functions may not be applicable with certain lenses.)