Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Lens
The AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm provides a wide-angle to mid-telephoto zoom range in the DX Nikkor series. Designed specifically for use with Nikon digital cameras that feature the smaller DX size chip, this lens features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and Nikon's exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
The lens is targeted at professional and advanced amateur Nikon D-SLR users who demand both the advantages of high optical performance and ultra-wideangle focal range.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum. Equivalent focal length in 35mm terms is 27-105mm.
- Fast, ultra-wideangle to telephoto zoom lens
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, provide higher resolution and superior contrast
- One aspherical lens element minimizes distortion, especially at the periphery, for superior optical performance
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance