Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
- Designed for use with Nikon DX digital SLR cameras, including the D40, D60, D80, D90, and D300
- 24-128mm effective focal length for APS-C sensor cameras
- Vibration reduction allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four shutter speeds slower)
- Ideal for wide-angle shots and portraiture. Accepts 67 mm filter attachments
Covering a wide-angle to short-telephoto range, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a 24-127.5mm-equivalent zoom for Nikon DX-format DSLRs. Suitable for everyday shooting, the lens's optical design, which includes three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements, helps to render a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. A Super Integrated Coating also controls lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. Supporting the optics is VR II image stabilization, which compensates for 3.5 stops of camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld. A Silent Wave Motor is also used to provide fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override.