Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II Lens
Key Features :
- 50mm focal length, Minimum focus distance : 0.45m/17.72 inch
- 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Micromotor-type AF motor without full-time manual focusing
- 52mm filters
- Compact and high-performance, standard lens
- Gaussian optics provides sharp delineation from near to far focusing distances
- Colour balance is excellent of a standard lens
- Bright 1.8 aperture
- Lightest EF lens at only 130 g (4.6 oz)
This is the lightest EF lens in the range, weighing a mere 130g. Its Gaussian optics provide sharp images at all focusing distances as well as excellent colour balance and contrast.
As part of the acclaimed EF lens family, the EF 50mm f/1.8 II features a built in AF motor to provide fast, direct AF performance. The lens also includes an electromagnetic diaphragm, which ensures the right mechanical aperture position is achieved every time.
A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background.
Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting – a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera's sensor.